Thursday, August 27, 2009

RWNZ Conference Photos

First up, a couple of notices - I'm spoiling you all - we have another guest author tomorrow. Hmm, clue as to her identity: 3 sisters

Also, because of our lovely guest, we'll do the book club on Saturday, so keep a note of
what you're reading this week :)

Now, onto the photos from last weekend's RWNZ Conference! I have bunche
s - I think I'll have to do another post next week with more pics!

This is a picture from of the Harlequin author dinner. Look at all those shiny glasses (they didn't stay empty long *g*).


Authors Sarah Mayberry & Frances Housden


Authors Trish Morey, Annie West & Daphne Clair

Me & Knight Agency agent Melissa Jeglinski at the cocktail party


Author Christina Phillips & my good friend Giovanna (highly commended in the Clendon Award!) Oh and there's our talented RWNZ Publicity maven Sue in the background.

Attacked by Darth Kylie (Griffin) at the A Touch of Fantasy Awards Dinner


Kylie claims another victim! This time, it's debut author Erica Hayes (look out for Shadowfae this October - all about succubi).


YA Author Amanda Ashby (go zombies!), and Harlequin's Cristina Lee


Authors Sara Hantz & Sandra Hyatt with you-know-who


The Emma Darcy finalists of 1999 - Yvonne Lindsay, Me & Trish Morey (Yvonne won). And Trish has got TWO R*BYs to her name. Go Class of '99!!


Wonderful bookseller Barbara Clendon with her gorgeous devil wings!


Author Annie West with Silhouette Executive Editor Mary-Theresa Hussey

Authors Abby Gaines (new RWNZ Prez!) & Susan Napier


John (Mary-Jo's husband), Mary-Jo Putney & some chick with a really ginormous smile *grin*

And I leave you with Wellington & Lambchop. I met Mary Jo and her husband in the lifts on the Sunday of the conference and ended up having breakfast with them - where I got to hear the sweet, sweet story Wellington and his lady. He came all the way from the U.S. to find his soul mate. When he saw Lambchop working as a shopgirl, it was love at first sight. Aw....



14 comments :

MaryK said...

Aah, the elusive Susan Napier!

Cecelia said...

Great photos! I really loved your captions, too. Looks like you had fun!

Pissenlit said...

Yay! More pictures!

orannia said...

Thank you so much for the photos Nalini! And can I just say that you look absolutely gorgeous at the Fantasy Awards Dinner! I just love your outfit...and Barbara's wings :)

Mary-Jo Putney was here!!!

And another guest author....ohhhhh :)

Blodeuedd said...

Awwww love that last pic :D

Annie West said...

Thanks, Nalini,

You've brought back some terrific conference memories with these pictures.

Annie

Amanda Ashby said...

Great photos. My fav is definitely Barbara! I swear the main reason I go to conference is to check out her shoes (and from now on, her wings!!!!!)

T said...

Yasmine Galeron?

Mandi said...

Fun pics! :)

Una said...

The photos are wonderful, thank you for sharing. Looks like it was great time had by all!

Gennita said...

I am SO JEALOUS! Claire, Napier...all my golden favorites! And you looked so fabulous too! I'm all !!!!

Anna Campbell said...

Lovely pics, Nalini! Love the one of you battling Jedi Kylie!

Madhura said...

You look gorgeous in that salwar Nalini. Love the colors. Brings me back memories of home :D

Christine said...

What lovely photos, Nalini! :)